swargamswargamswargamswargam

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Ubuntu up and running

Today I have transfered .iso file to CD. I have accessed the CD to install, it has shown me to try before install. I have tried the Ubuntu Linux operating system before install using CD. It was wonderful experience. I have installed the Ubuntu OS. It is working fine.

I have tried to play a DVD. The installed Media player is not recoginising the format of DVD, then it has asked me to search online for compatable format. I have tried and got a message showing "No format available".

Then I has searched in google and found a fourm topic, some body faced the same problem. One of expert has given some details about how to find the right software using add/remove programs in Ubuntu OS. I have found the some other Media players in add/remove programs. Now my DVD is working fine.

I will update some more things tomorrow, until then have a nice day. See you tomorrow.

No comments: